Finance and Administration Assistant UK NGO Jobs – Teach A Man To Fish
Organisation: Teach A Man To Fish UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance and Administration Officer
Salary: UGX 1,424,100 gross salary per month + medical health insurance
About Teach A Man To Fish:
Teach A Man To Fish is guided by a simple, all-encompassing mission: to empower young people with the skills they need to succeed, in school, work, and life. We focus on developing and emerging countries. This is done by supporting schools to set up educational and profitable school businesses that provide real-life hands-on training and experience for students. This empowers student entrepreneurs with critical workplace, entrepreneurship and life skills and mindsets so that they can leave school with the competencies to get a good job or run their own successful business.
We are a small organization with a big reach – Since 2006, we’ve created over 300,000 student entrepreneurs and 18,000 enterprising teachers through our global programmes. Teach A Man To Fish is a fast-growing organization with an ambitious plan for scale-up across the region. This is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding candidate to join a growing organization and contribute significantly to our exciting growth plans and development of sustainable systems.
Job Summary: The overall objective of the Finance and Administration Assistant post will be to ensure robust HR and administrative management at Teach A Man To Fish’s Uganda office. The Finance and Admin Assistant will also support the delivery of high-quality financial management as well as developing systems, policies and frameworks to guide these. The position requires moderate accounting knowledge, analytical skills, a high level of attention to detail and the capability to make decisions and act independently. We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual who wants to help build a quickly growing organization working to transform education in Uganda. The role will be based at Teach A Man To Fish – Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations (Admin, Finance, HR, IT, Safeguarding) – 100%
- Implement cash withdrawal, disbursement, and reconciliation process in line with TAMTF financial policy
- Draft contracts and lead on the induction process for all new employees and consultants.
- Review invoices and implement the cheque payment process in line with TAMTF financial policy.
- Maintain cashbooks and ledgers
- Manage procurement, manage vendor relationships, and manage and maintain assets and equipment register.
- Maintain accurate invoice tracking and ensure that invoices/cash reconciliations are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support the Senior Finance and Admin Officer to review all requests for payments for accuracy, proper supporting documentation, and compliance with Teach A Man To Fish established policies and process payments
- Participate in staff welfare working group, review requests and make recommendations for staff welfare policy.
- Support the Senior Finance and Admin Officer to compile and deliver accurate and timely monthly financial reports to the UK finance team and donors as requested.
- Ensure that all TAMTF policies in Uganda are duly implemented and support Senior Finance and Admin Officer with annual review.
- Coordinate the efficient implementation of office admin and HR processes
- Line manage gateman, ensure office premises kept clean and secure at all times
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance Option), Accounting, Statistics, Commerce, Economics or related field.
- Partial CPA /ACCA is an added advantage.
- Competency with QuickBooks or a recognized accounting package and experience in contributing to the development of finance, HR and administrative systems and process would be an added advantage.
- 1-2 years’ experience in either an NGO, social enterprise or corporate setting, with moderate responsibility for financial management plus administration and/or HR
- Experience of managing staff induction process
- Experience in managing the procurement process
- Previous significant responsibility for office administration including managing office supplies
- Excellent written and oral English language abilities are required
- No criminal record (to be evidenced by a letter of good conduct from Interpol)
- Good understanding of principles of accounting and financial management.
- High level of financial literacy and numeracy
- High level of competency with bank and cash reconciliation processes, maintenance of ledgers and cashbooks, cash handling
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel
- Contract management skills and knowledge of Ugandan employment law
- Focus on value for money and a drive to secure the best deal for the organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with colleagues from a range of backgrounds
- Ability to effectively manage and delegate within a team
- Strong sense of initiative and an entrepreneurial approach to working
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit a maximum 4 paged CV and one-page cover letter (combined into a single PDF document).
Please be sure to clearly show in your cover letter why you are interested in this job and what makes you the most suitable candidate. Please also include your salary history. Complete applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com. The subject of the email should be Finance and Admin Assistant”
NB: Do not attach academic documents at this point. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th February 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE