Finance and Administrative Manager USAID Project Jobs – Uganda Biodiversity Fund (UBF)
Organisation: Uganda Biodiversity Fund (UBF)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Uganda Biodiversity Fund (UBF) is an independent Institution, ‘a Trust Fund’ established as a mechanism to provide sustainable financing for the conservation of priority biodiversity and ecosystem services in Uganda. The mission of UBF is: “to serve as a catalyst for mobilizing, managing and channeling financial resources for biodiversity conservation and sustainable use of natural resources in Uganda for the benefit of current and future generations and the intrinsic value of nature”. UBF has been implementing programmatic and management activities and undertaking financial transactions since 2017.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administrative Manager is a member of the Senior Management team and is responsible for the efficient running of the Uganda Biodiversity Fund office operations, the effective control of its financial and human resources, and of the technical, IT and administrative system in order to contribute to the delivery of the organizations overall services and commercial objectives
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that proper Books of Accounts are maintained in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards and other professional pronouncements.
- Presentation of periodical and annual financial and management accounts.
- Work with senior management to grow the Fund, formulating strategies, plans and budgets.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the Fund’s cash management, investment plans, taxation and other regulatory compliance.
- Institute effective internal control systems to ensure safety of the Fund’s resources and compliance of laid down financial regulations.
- Perform due diligence on organizations to receive grants from UBF.
- Develop reporting templates for grantees to facilitate monitoring of grant performance.
Human Resource Management
- Develop the Fund’s human resources and administration system, enhancing professional development, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Leading and developing the finance and administration teams.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations, safety and security of premises, equipment and staff.
- Oversee the procurement function, sub awards and Logistics.
- Ensure Donor reporting in a timely manner
- Ensure Compliance with the Donor requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting/ Finance
- Accounting Professional qualification e.g. CPA, ACCA.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage.
- Solid proficiency with accounting software e.g. Navision, Quick Books, Sun System, Pastel, along with Microsoft Office Applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Seven or more years of experience in a similar position.
- Ability to work in a multicultural diverse environment and under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to strict confidentiality involving internal/ external information.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through assignments and communicate at all levels of the organization in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated CVs including three work related referees addressed to: The Executive Director through e-mail address email@example.com Please indicate the title of the Job you are applying for in the Subject line of the Email.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any applications submitted after the deadline shall not be considered.
Deadline: 30th March 2020 by 3:00 PM.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE