Finance Assistant Job Vacancies – Legacy Group
Organisation: Legacy Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Director
Legacy Group is a family-owned conglomerate based in Uganda that offers a diverse range of services which include: financial, real estate, agriculture and distribution. The legacy brand is more than just a visual representation of who we are, but the shield on our logo symbolises protection and defence that this vast empire offers to all it clients. This shield is embedded in all the services and in all our interactions with our very valuable clients. Legacy Group is a mother for a number of companies including Legacy Credit, Legacy Properties, Legacy Distributors and Legacy Ranchers. With these companies, we continue to play an important role in the development of the business community especially in our areas of investment. We also pride ourselves in our record of social responsibility in many critical areas that further growth and development in Uganda, and Africa as a whole.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post daily transactions in QuickBooks, and updating financial spreadsheets.
- Check and scrutinize invoices for accuracy and submit them to accounts for payment.
- Serve the in the capacity of Personal assistant to Finance Director.
- Follow up and ensure that accounts reports are submitted in right time.
- Assist with the collection and management of client account balances.
- Write petty cash requests on behalf of the staff and seek approvals.
- Investigate and resolve any client account discrepancies.
- Report any disconcerting discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the Finance Director.
- Work with Accounts team in preparing daily and monthly reports and invoices to tenants.
- Answers questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as requested.
- Assist Accounts staff in preparation of annual Audit.
- Process and reconcile bank deposits.
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings.
- Assist with financial reporting to Directors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- A qualification in accounts or Finance management.
- CPA Qualification is a must have requirement
- Similar work experience in a hotel or apartment building is a plus.
- Three years of experience as a Finance Assistant
- Knowledge of Quick books, MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of client care
- Attention to details.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline: 17th January 2020