Finance Assistant NGO Job Opportunities – Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Organisation: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 13 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, and FCA’s operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Job Summary: The role of the Finance Assistant is to support the Senior Finance Officer and the Project Manager in financial and administrative management of the FCA/UNHCR partnership project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the leadership of Senior Finance Officer, assist the project team with all aspects of finance and accounts support
- Support to enforce quality control according to FCA and UNHCR finance accountability framework
- Prepare financial reporting and ensure they are properly as required
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports on UNHCR expenditures to senior finance officer
- Prepare financial project accounts
- Monitor financial activity and report on time
- Ensure all advances are cleared on time
- Prepare accurate forecasts
- Provide timely financial information
- Forecast budgeting for the month ahead and quarter
- Perform any other tasks as directed by line manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Finance Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting and Finance or a related field.
- Two to three years of progressive responsible experience with administrative tasks.
- Experience in working in a computer based environment using multiple office software packages.
- Work experience in administrative support of development programme/project is an advantage. Work experience within the NGO sector is an asset.
- Accountancy and Administration skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience in managing budgets
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Quick books is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks.
Deadline: Friday 12th February 2021.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE