Finance Literacy Field Officer Job Opportunities – Cotton On Foundation
Organisation: Cotton On Foundation
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
The Cotton On Foundation (COF) is the philanthropic arm of the Australian retail company Cotton On Group and was officially established in 2007. COF share a belief in helping others and contributing to our community. We are a global citizen; a part of communities all over the world. We roll our sleeves up and set our sights on creating a positive and measurable change in the lives of young people in need. We’re empowering youth to learn more, participate more and understand more.
Job Summary: The Finance Literacy Field Officer is a role within Cotton On Foundation Uganda. You will be responsible for providing financial support and new initiative implementation to the country programs in accordance with the legal requirements, highest ethical standards and generally acceptable accounting practices. Under the defined specifications, the Finance Literacy Field Officer will ensure that the schools the Cotton On Foundation supports follow and implement all key Financial Literacy Guidelines and templates (including the implementation of online accounting software). This includes ensuring financial compliance, accounting procedures and other key organizational activities are in compliance with the policies and guidelines of Cotton On Foundation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a qualification in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration (Accounting) or Commerce
- At least three years’ experience working in a corporate or NGO environment
- Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Software specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Accounting Systems.
- Exposure to school bursar activities and the challenges associated with that role.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, high level of integrity and good moral conduct
- Experience working with sensitive / confidential information
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships in a team environment and with partners / stakeholders
- Excellent written English
- Self-directed and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong commitment to Cotton On Foundation’s cause and values
- An open personality and acceptance of all races, creeds and cultures
- Familiarity in support programs in international NGOs and knowledge of corporate social responsibility
- Excellent Language proficiency in Luganda (minimum) and other local languages from the regions the Cotton On Foundation operates.
- Experience and /or understanding of Ugandan educational system and government support.
- Preferably hold motorbike license.
- The candidate must be able to travel and live in the field locations in the rural areas of Southern Uganda
- We are committed to personal and professional development, which is supported by an ever growing and expanding structure.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their Email applications with an updated CV to the contact person below;
Nothando Dlamini – Human Resource Advisor, Uganda.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd March 2019.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020