Finance Manager Employment Opportunity – Orient Bank
Organisation: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with BOU financial reporting, budget planning and supporting Management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the Bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Bank of Uganda and other regulatory authorities as may be required.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly regulatory reports to Bank of Uganda as per the regulations.
- Facilitate internal/external regulatory audit and Bank of Uganda examination process by providing information required in coordination with Chief Finance Officer.
- Implement and ensure compliance with Basel II Capital Accord and regulatory requirements
- Manage and monitor tax compliance within OBL and all tax aspects including transfer pricing, withholding tax, indirect taxes, PAYE and tax planning.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property and operating expenses and insurance records.
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Establish system controls for new financial systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems.
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/Business or related discipline
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CPA)
- A Postgraduate Degree in Finance is an added advantage
- At least 6 years accounting or finance experience.
- Good understanding of Accounting, Banking, Tax and Regulatory Laws and Requirements.
- Financial statements preparation and reporting knowledge
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Credit analysis & appraisal skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Good interpersonal skill
- Good written and oral communication,
- Good presentation skill
- Good IT exposure
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th September 2020 by 5:00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE