Finance Manager German NGO Jobs – Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V
Organisation: Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V.
Duty Station: Kampala, in Uganda (with frequent visits to field sites)
Reports to: Regional Project Finance &HR Manager
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organ-isation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects world-wide.
Overall job purpose: The Finance Manager will work as part of Johanniter Uganda’s country team reporting to the Regional Project Finance &HR Manager who will be the overall supervisor. Based in Kampala, the incumbent will responsible for finance and accounting, budget management for the Country office and providing support to the partners on the same , as well as capacity building based on the gaps identified. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Uganda Country office staff , project Partner’s project staff in ensuring timely reporting and accountability of project Funds.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Accountancy
- Ensure Johanniter’s financial procedures complies with government and donor financial obligatory Law and regulations.
- Preparation of books of accounts for submission to Ugandan tax authorities
- Monthly field accounts with financial software and timely preparation of financial reports for donors and headquarters in compliance with donor and Johanniter procedures (these include BVAs, monthly closing ,bank reconciliations ,transfers and cash requests)
- Double-check all financial entries including partner reports for compliance with own and donor guidelines, cross check payments with contracts, purchase orders and monitor expenses against supporting documents
- Management of bank accounts, money transfers and maintaining of good cash flow in compliance with Johanniter and donor guidelines.
- Manage partner financial reporting and offer support and capacity building depending on need. Ensure systematic filing of all financial documents is in place according to Johanniter guidelines.
- Prepare Country Office overhead budgets, budget revisions and extensions in compliance with financial guidelines of donors and Johanniter.
- Partner orientation on Johanniter and donor budget templates.
- Supports partners in the preparation of budgets and verifies partner project budget including any budget revisions and extensions in compliance with financial guidelines or donors and Johanniter.
- Monitors expenses against budget and recommends changes where necessary (including re-vised budgets) to partners and headquarters.
- Management of HR policies and guidelines and ensure staff understands them.
- Ensure completeness of all personnel files and safekeeping of all staff documentation like signed contracts and all relevant annexes.
- Responsible for monitoring over hours and leave days taken, organizes leave and stand in plans as approved by the Head of Mission or designate.
- Ensures compliance of personnel guidelines and remunerations with national laws, actively seeks information on labour laws, union recommendations, immigration procedures, and tax policies
- Ensures all necessary administrative supporting documents are available
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Head of Mission
- Ensures compliance with travel and related documentations for staff
- Liaising with Legal consultant on HR and Admin related matters
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance and Accounting.
- Professional Qualification of ACCA or CPA
- At least six years of work relevant working experience in humanitarian sector or development with INGOs or NGOs and working with partners.
- Working knowledge of using accounting software packages such as Sunsystems, Quickbooks
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching, with Fluency in ENGLISH and other local languages;
- Good analytical skill
- Strong organizational skills required, with the ability to work with other
- Willingness to travel throughout project sites with up to 40% of the time in field sites.
- Ability to meet deadlines/ performing duties on time
- Ability to work under pressure, making decisions in urgent situations with high problem solving skills
How to Apply:
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to: email@example.com Please indicate “Finance Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail and in the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 31st December 2020