Finance Officer Job opportunity
A leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company is looking for a Finance Officer
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will be responsible for completeness, accuracy and timeliness of quality of data. The incumbent will provide assistance to the financial controller in ensuring revenue and related account balances are reported accurately and in line with relevant International Accounting Standards, legal and statutory requirements as well as underlying stakeholder agreements for the different company revenue streams.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
With respect to master data such as Supplier, Customer and other critical information enabling finance activities:
- Weekly and monthly revenue reporting and analysis for all divisions.
- Preparation of monthly revenue and cash projections.
- Assist in preparation of monthly reports and accompanying schedules, including budget vs. actual variance reports and supporting narratives, including follow-up and documentation of significant variances identified. Inputting finance master data attributes into Oracle system as needed
- Extract data, analyze and ensuring the quality of the data.
- Regularly create a status reports of the data
- Support and enforcement of data governance policies – standards and processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold A degree in commerce/ accounting or business related course with a professional qualification either of ACCA/CIMA/CPA.
- Thorough understanding of International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards as well as working knowledge of local tax laws and regulations. Analytical skills with high focus on the details
- Demonstrate proper attitude in relation to assigned responsibilities
- Confident, autonomous, determined and able to meet key deadlines
- Able to work independently
- Strong team player.
- Good understanding of data structures and architecture
- Additional knowledge of Finance or Accounting procedures is an asset
- Previous experience of in gathering and cleansing of data is required
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Competent computer skills including MS Office and SharePoint
- English fluency (additional language is an asset)
How to Apply:
Please send your CVs with a Cover Letter and Qualifications attached to
Deadline: Monday 19th August 2019