Finance Officer Job Placements – Cheshire Services Uganda
Organization: Cheshire Services Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Cheshire Services Uganda is a local organization working to uplift the quality of life of Persons with Disabilities. Established in 1994, Cheshire Services Uganda is comprised of 7 Cheshire services of Katalemwa, Nkokonjeru Providence, Buluba, Budaka, Butiru, Pamba and the two St Francis Schools of the Blind in Soroti. CSU is a member of the Leonard Cheshire Disability Global Alliance.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will assist the Finance Manager in the delivery of the organization’s finance function
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for petty cash management and online banking
- Processing of payments including all the documentations related to payments.
- Daily maintenance of financial records
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Participate in the production of annual financial reports.
- Responsible for maintaining the stores records
- Participate in Budgeting process.
- Participate in the Preparation of periodic budget performance analysis.
- Management of all organization utility bills
- Maintenance of organization’s asset registers.
- Participate in expenditure verification exercise and audits
- Preparation of monthly reports and budget monitoring reports
- Adhere to the CSU safeguarding and related policies and standards
- Identify safeguarding issues/concerns in relation to finance and CSU operations
- Liaison with the safeguarding designated officers on any safeguarding issues identified for action
- Conduct feedback with CSU clients/service providers to track any safeguarding issues
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in the interest of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Accounting, Financial management, Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, or other related disciplines plus a Professional certification in accounting;
- At least three (03) years of relevant professional working experience in NGO setting;
- Significant knowledge and experience of all core financial management activities;
- Proficiency in numeracy skills and good computer skills (excel)
- Experience with Financial Information Systems
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- Attention to details
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Strong self-awareness and flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates please nemail your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 31st July 2020