Fresher Laboratory Technician Job Vacancies – Watoto Child Care Ministries
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Uganda
Watoto is a family of people from all over the world who are working together to
ensure that the forgotten have a place to belong. In a time of civil war, we planted
Watoto Church in Kampala, Uganda to speak hope and life to the nation. As we work
alongside the most vulnerable in our society, our aim is to rescue individuals and raise
each one as a leader in their sphere of life so that, in turn they will rebuild the nation.
In all of this, Watoto remains a local church, committed to celebrating Christ and
caring for community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To actively participate in routine laboratory operations within the areas of haematology, chemistry, microbiology, immunology, and parasitology as assigned by the Medical Laboratory Coordinator (MLC).
- To plan, coordinate and organise all the medical laboratory screenings within Watoto medical services.
- To update and maintains inventory of laboratory supplies/stock within the laboratory.
- To work closely with fellow laboratory scientists, MLC and Procurement to ensure that all the laboratories are well stocked.
- To ensure compliance to policies and standard operating procedures, continual development of policies, protocols, departmental forms, and guidelines within the laboratory section.
- To ensure that the laboratory environment is well maintained, cleaned, safe and secure always and participate in any risk assessment and risk mitigation that may arise.
- To maintain the quality and safety of laboratory equipment, reagents, and supplies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have a diploma in Medical Laboratory with an interest in microbiology. A degree in Laboratory Science shall be an added advantage.
- At least two years of working experience in a microbiology department.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to relate well with children of all ages.
- Should be passionate about community health care with ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- High level of motivation and initiative and strive for a high standard of practice.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates can apply online at the link below
- Go to Apply for a job section
- Under that, click on the link that says Apply
- Fill out the form that will be open and submit after all sections have been filled.
Deadline: 7th August 2020