Finance Officer NGO Career Jobs – Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will support NRC field offices and make sure that finance department functions efficiently in the area of financial accounting, management, monitoring and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Finance Coordinator in Yumbe in day to day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provides assistance in timely monthly closing and ensuring Yumbe Office are able to close on agreed upon deadlines
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and insure that they are timely received.
- Work closely with logistic department to insure that asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets.
- Prepare a trip report for each assignment and submit to FC and FM
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and NRC internal controls.
- Assist in yearend closing and audit document preparation
- Participate in and facilitate Area finance workshops and training as required;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications
- In collaboration with Finance Coordinator Support development of area master support budget
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment
- Prepare bank accounts and cashbox reconciliations
- Ensure timely payment of staff related costs, contractors, suppliers and other expenditures.
- Ensure filing of all financial documents according to NRC standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Finance Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Three years of INGO experience is a plus
- CPA2 qualification is added advantage
- Knowledge of Agresso is added advantage.
- Very good computer skills especially, Microsoft packages; and a strong experience of computerized accounting system
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- High integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join NRC in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th June 2020