Financial Aid Officer Job Careers – Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Vice Chancellor (DER)
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Financial Aid Officer will assist the Financial Aid Office in communicating with students, donors, and University offices (especially Accounts, Academics, and Faculties) and maintain records. The person will be responsible for administration of student sponsorships through maintaining data, meeting with students, and facilitating communication.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for sponsor organizations.
- Recommend students for registration and fees clearance during the semester based on donor interactions.
- Maintain accurate records of donor commitments, payments, and student records.
- Receive and process inquiries from students, and organizations with interest in obtaining or providing sponsorship.
- Tactfully assist students who have no resources.
- Implement University-based scholarships including Work Study, Theology, Staff Spouse and Child, and Sports scholarships.
- Liaise with major donor organizations involved in sponsorships including providing reports, accountability, and generally improving relationships.
- Create and maintain publications about scholarship programmes at UCU including brochures and website.
- Serve as Secretariat for the University Scholarships Committee.
- Coordinate with relevant offices such as Director of Finance, Academics, and Student Affairs, Honours College for students’ benefit.
- Report to Regional Campuses on donations received and assure they are credited to regional campus accounts at UCU.
- Respond to inquiries from sponsors about the status of their sponsored students.
- Write MOUs between UCU and donor organisations to ease operations.
- Counsel and advice students on financial aid.
- Follow up with donors on their payments.
- Seek new scholarship opportunities in partnership with offices responsible for University development.
- Do all such other duties incidental to the advancement of Financial Aid in UCU.
- Supervise staff in the section.
- Perform any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree preferably in Business or a Management discipline.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Business or a Management discipline.
- A minimum of five years of working experience performing similar tasks in a reputable organisation.
- Knowledge and Experience of the ITS System and Financial Aid processes.
- Exposure to working under pressure with strict adherence to deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of funding categories and types.
- Knowledge of financial aid policies, rules and regulations.
- Must have effective interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have budgetary skills and analysis capabilities.
- Be client service oriented and have sound conflict management and time management skills.
- Must have good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be a committed and practicing
- Have a broad knowledge and understanding of Funding Principles, with proven analytical, interpretative abilities and report writing skills.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vita and two (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please attach copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts on each application. Send to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
Deadline: 24th May 2019 by 5:00 pm