Fleet Management Specialist Job Vacancies – Committed To Good (CTG)
Organization: Committed To Good (CTG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Logistics
CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Job Summary: The Fleet Management Specialist provides professional administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the Logistics Services (LS) Division, relieving senior personnel of many administrative tasks. The Fleet Management Specialist will be responsible for managing the delivery of his/her outputs in a timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible to plan, organize, and oversee the implementation of an efficient fleet maintenance system including resource planning, staffing needs, policies and regulations, work plans, milestones, guidelines;
- Assist to Fleet Maintenance Unit in the assessment of maintenance demands, preparation of maintenance plans and servicing schedules;
- Develop and maintain a master schedule of vehicle fuel usage;
- Provide a technical assistance in installation and maintenance of fleet mechanical equipment, motors and other machines and apparatus;
- Develop fleet policies and procedures to maintain and monitor all safety standards in conformance with regulations;
- Advise Fleet Management Unit on vehicle matters, including but not limited to the impact of licensing, inspections, registrations and insurance;
- Develop an effective reporting system to assure that services are provided properly and in timely fashion;
- Develop management of spare and repair parts;
- Coordinate with Procurement and Asset Management Unit;
- Submit evaluation and progress report of a subsequent against annual work plan;
- Create and maintain a database for accident record keeping and monitoring of contracted vehicles;
- Provide trainings on fleet maintenance and management;
- Ensure that all officers adhere to policy and procedures for vehicles;
- Maintain a central record of use of all vehicular units, including running cost;
- Compile and prepare detailed and complex transportation reports and records;
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in engineering, technology or related area.
- At least five years of experience in fleet maintenance and management, and related;
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a diverse team in a complex and a highly demanding environment.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity;
- The successful candidate must demonstrate considerable mentoring skills and an ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in word processing and good knowledge of fleet maintenance databases;
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills are a must, as are skills in capital needs forecasting and budgeting;
- Good knowledge of police administration issues;
NB: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to qualified female candidates.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st August 2020