Food and Beverages Controller Job Placement – Q-Sourcing Limited (5 Star Hotel)
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Limited (5 Star Hotel)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. They are recruiting for a valuable client, a 5 star hotel.
Job Summary: The Food and Beverages Controller will establish and administer sound Food & Beverage Cost Control systems and procedures to ensure that Food & Beverage profits are maximized, costs are kept at acceptable level and in consistent with high standards of Quality and Service. Provide General Manager, Director of Finance, Executive Chef and F&B Manager with cost of sales information needed to control costs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate with the Purchasing Manager and ensure that bidding procedures are in line
- Ensure that Purchasing Managers Master Price Lists are compared with your monthly Market Survey list and notable variations are brought to the attention of the Director of Finance
- Review the products/materials at the Receiving bay with the Receiver and if necessary, with the department heads (Chef must be called to check the food items) prior to accepting and sending them to the stores etc.
- Food & Beverage cold Room and freezer temperature meters are checked daily
- Daily Transaction reports are printed checked and filed
- Maintain good business relationship with the suppliers and vendors as well as back office staff
- Comply with all corporate and hotel standards and procedures.
- Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and colleagues alike
- It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Catering and Hotel management or any related industry
- Three to four years’ experience in the same role preferably in a five-star Hotel
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
- Must have exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Exceptional food and beverage knowledge and pricing
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send a comprehensive CV and application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Kindly mark your application as “Application _ Food and Beverages Controller” In the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 25th January 2019