Fraud & Security Manager Job Placements – Orient Bank
Organisation: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Head Office Operations
Orient bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: Responsible for the oversight of Physical Security and Safety of OBL Premises, Assets, Employees and Customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and implementing action plans for detecting fraudulent activities in an organization by working closely with a team of fraud investigators to analyse cases of money laundering, forgeries, and legal claims.
- Design and implement fraud prevention strategies and processes necessary for minimizing risk of illegal financial contrivances within an organization.
- Supervise and conduct analysis of financial records, accounts and various other business data to identify financial irregularities.
- Liaise with legal counsels and law enforcement agencies to develop and execute plans for the resolution of fraud cases.
- Appear in court during hearings to testify as witnesses.
- Monitor key security trends in the banking sector both locally and internationally and the external environment as a whole, and keep management and staff informed in a timely manner.
- Fraud Training and awareness
- Plan and Source suitable security firms to be contracted for supply of armed guards to ensure safety and security of the bank premises and business operations.
- Draw up security work plans, periodically review Security Operating Standards and ensure there are no gaps that could expose the bank to eminent threats of insecurity.
- Monitor and identify all the security risks that are likely to impact bank’s operations and, appropriately advise the bank on mitigation measures as well as follow up and coordinate investigation of all the reported cases in which the bank has interest.
- Manage the Biometric access system to ensure access/restriction to the offices/ certain areas and make adjustments to the existing configured staff from the system.
- Monitor the performance of security equipment control & functionality of the security gadgets and promptly report any malfunction and ensure repairs/replacements are done in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business /Security Related Field.
- A specialized certification, completed Military, Police Service/Experience is an added advantage.
- Completion/Partial completion of relevant professional qualification in Security Management is an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in Fraud & Security Management in the Banking sector or other corporate organisations.
- Experience in Senior Law Enforcement; military/police/intelligence
- Prior experience in investigations.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing capabilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Good Analytical skills and attendance to details.
- Innovative, self-driven and Flexible to longer working hours
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th August 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda