Fresher A’ Level Jobs – Office Attendant – National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Officer
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Office Attendant will ensure effective delivery of office support services to all the Directorates within the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide office attendant services of preparing office refreshments for staff meetings/ conferences/ workshops etc.
- Ensure efficient management of consumables for office refreshments
- Coordinate office services such as housekeeping (cleaning services) and ensuring that offices are properly locked at close of business daily,
- Manage movement of internal office mail / correspondence in line with the Authority’s records management policies;
- To ride a motor cycle to deliver mail from NITAU to various stakeholders in line with the Authority’s records management policies,
- Work with front office desk, the Executive Personal Assistants and Administration Officer in managing the day to day support services of the Authority,
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NITA-U Office Attendant job placement should hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education.
- Previous experience working in the same position or office management area with a reputable public or private commercial donor funded organization.
- Computer skills (Office based applications);
- Hands on office management skills
- Organizing and coordination skills
- Confidentiality, Diligence & Reliability
- Time management skills
- Pleasant with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Valid Driving License with at least class A, for motor cycles. Class B is added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application forms, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 19th July 2019 by 5:00 PM
NB: No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (refer to above).
Latest Ugandan Jobs and Vacancies