Fresher A’ level Receptionist Jobs – International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Job Title: Receptionist
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Mission
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Summary: The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Receptionist will be responsible for the technical support of clinical assessment of the USA, Canada, Australia and UK visa applicants, which will be conducted in the framework of the receiving countries protocols. In particular she/he will:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information, relevant to medical out-processing, to the applicants either by phone or personally.
- Register the applicants in the electronic database and arrange appointments for physical examinations.
- Attend to all incoming calls, walk-ins, and other inquiries regarding the health assessment programs in the clinic.
- Check and make photocopy of bank deposit slip (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the administrative/finance officer.
- Check applicants’ identity, validity of the identification documents, take their photographs and upload on the database.
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Receptionist will also prepare master lists of applicants scheduled for chest X-ray, laboratory tests and submit them to respective service providers.
- Print out medical forms with biodata when required.
- Inform the applicants about a need for additional investigations (if not done by the Migration Health Physician/Nurse) and make appointments for these investigations.
- Enter information from the medical form into the database, if so requested.
- Print out medical documents as requested by the Migration Health Physician.
- The jobholder will collect monthly statistical information in IOM format and submit it to the Migration Health Physician.
- Set up and maintain office mailing communication logbook.
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Receptionist will also receive all payments from medical self payers and file daily returns to the Senior Admin./Finance Assistant for verifications and submission to main cashier at Admin./Finance department
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Receptionist job opportunity should hold a High school degree/Certificate with minimum three years of relevant working experience or Bachelor’s Degree with minimum one year of relevant working experience in Secretarial studies or office management or related studies from an accredited institution.
- Three years (one year for applicants with Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant experience in a similar capacity with reputable organisation.
- Computer literacy: high level user
- Typing skills: speed 200 symbols/min and higher.
- Able to work independently, effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
- Working experience in clerking/administration is desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Fair knowledge in using office equipment and excellent knowledge in spreadsheet programs like Excel, Word and mail exchange
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated resumes with three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should be the Reference Number and Position Title i.e. “SVN: 01/05/018 Receptionist.” Please ensure that send your attachments as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF. The title of your attachment should be your full name.
NB: Since the system is automated, if you do not follow the above mentioned instruction your application may be missed by the system.
Deadline: 27th May 2018