Fresher Accountant Job Placements – Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and eight contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing various accounting records/GL supporting schedules.
- Handling petty cash issues both for Head Office and Branch and receive accountabilities of funds returned by staff.
- Verifying filing and coding all receipts, payments and in-coming vouchers/documents from branches and Head Office as per Chart of Accounts.
- Entering and updating all financial data in the computer with meaningful narration and advising staff on various entries.
- Reconciling various general ledger accounts to ascertain accuracy of data in the IT system and genuineness of transactions for the branches allocated.
- Participating in the stock taking of assets and maintenance of asset registers
- Introduce at least 5 VSP accounts on a monthly basis.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance); BBA (Accounting or Finance); Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or in a related field majoring in accounting.
- At least 2 Principal passes at A’ Level and Credits passes in Math’s and English at O’ level.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounts related roles.
- ACCA, CPA – Level II.
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, self driven and eager to learn. S/He must possess high organizational skill with good interpersonal, communication and accounting skills.
- Should have a track record of integrity, well organized and reliable.
- He/she should not be more than 30 years of age.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure;
Create an Account
Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
Submit online i.e. no hardcopy deliveries will be accepted
Deadline: 21st February 2020