Fresher Accounts Assistant Job Opportunities – International Potato Center (CIP)
Organization: International Potato Center (CIP)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Potato Center (CIP) was founded in 1971 as a research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato and andean roots and tubers. It delivers innovative science-based solutions to enhance access to affordable nutritious food, foster inclusive sustainable business and employment growth, and drive the climate resilience of root and tuber agri-food systems. Headquartered in Lima, Peru, CIP has a research presence in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. CIP is a CGIAR research center, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services.
Job Summary: The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible Accounts Assistant to work directly with the Finance and Administration Specialist in accordance with CIP internal policies and procedures. The Accounts Assistant will be based in Kampala, Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support with the analysis of advance accounts, petty cash accounts, reimbursements, payments and any other accounts related with the operations of the office.
- Assist with the monthly bank reconciliation, monthly filing of returns; Pay As You Earn (PAYE), National Social Security Funds (NSSF) and Withholding tax.
- Assist with handling travel requests and liquidations reports.
- Provide daily recording of transactions carried out by the office’s staff.
- Ensure availability of office stationery and sundry.
- Support with the filing of accounting information duly supported by invoices or contracts.
- Handle telephone calls, receive and assist visitors to the Accounts office.
- Organize and maintain filling system for the office.
- Uphold CIP policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- One year of relevant work experience in a similar position, preferably in an international research organization.
- Knowledge of the work in the field particularly in project implementation.
- Knowledge in local tax regulations and labour law.
- Computer literate in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative when sorting out problem issues.
- Fluent in English
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Accounts Assistant
Deadline: 19th November 2020