Fresher Accounts Assistant NGO Job Opportunities – Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Organisation: Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to TASO under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for day to day Management of all books of prime entry such as cash book, ledgers, journals etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly updating all the accounting records and books of accounts such as ledgers and journals for the project by ensuring timely posting in quick books.
- Ensure proper and chronological filing of finance documents
- Support the Accountant in bank and Beyonic reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Carry out timely filing and payment of statutory deductions
- Ensure that all payments for suppliers are approved in accordance with relevant regulations and approved work plans.
- File statutory deduction returns and ensure prompt payments of the same.
- Initiate payments in QuickBooks and Beyonic.
- Maintain appropriate Beyonic and Bank Balance levels
- Ensure that Cheque books, invoices etc. are kept in a secure place and well accounted for.
- Ensure payment requests are fully supported before Cheques/RTGS/Electronic payment system is initiated.
- Ensure proper filing of vouchers with proper supporting documents and on proper files.
- Receive accountabilities from staff before being reviewed by Accountant.
- Prepare and maintain tracking log of all documents received and released from finance
- Assisting Accountants during internal audit, external audit and compliance reviews processes.
- Issue receipts and receive refunds
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold at least Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration with Level 1 of CPA or ACCA or Degree in Accounting or finance or BBA (Finance) with level 1 CPA or ACCA.
- Additional Training: Stores management or purchasing and supply management will be of added advantage.
- Experience using mobile money payments platforms like Beyonic, Yo-Uganda, etc.
- At least three years of finance experience working in a NGO is mandatory.
- Highest level of Integrity and Honesty.
- Appropriate degree of assertiveness
- Speed and Accuracy in record checking.
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- IT skills including MS Office & QuickBooks accounting software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents addressed as below to: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Officer
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA),
P.O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Deadline: 9th April 2021 by 5:00pm
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE