Fresher Accounts Assistant NGO Jobs – Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for provision of both Accounting (Finance) and Administrative services to the GRC project at Adjumani Branch
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support in all administrative and financial matters to the GRC Adjumani project;
- Ensures the proper filing and the safe custody of financial and administrative documents;
- Ensure proper maintenance of all office equipment and stationary;
- Follows up, receives and reviews accountability from the field before submission to URCS HQ, shares feedback with field officers immediately;
- Ensures a regular update of the inventories relating to the project at field level;
- Proactively follows up on incomplete financial documentation and pending settlement of advances with the respective officers to avoid delays in bookkeeping;
- Organizes photocopying, sorting and dispatching the financial documents to URCS HQ;
- Manages the project field petty cash and monitors the office cash flow;
- Assists in procurements and independently processes comparative bid analysis for approval by the supervisor;
- Organizes stationary and other office supplies;
- Performs other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) Accounts Assistant job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance), Commerce, Statistics;
- At least level II of Accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA, and CIMA) will be an added advantage.
- One year of experience in a similar position;
- Work experience with a donor funded institution will be an added advantage;
- Experience and/or working knowledge of an accounting software.
- Full computer literacy with proficiency in the application of all MS Office functions, especially Excel ;
- Excellent English communication skills including proven proficiency in drafting official letters and other documents;
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks and to maintain a high quality standard when working under time pressure;
- A mature personality of high integrity with great team working skills, a courteous attitude and a clear sense of confidentiality.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 26th March 2018 by 5:00pm
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE