Fresher Accounts Associate US Company Jobs – Greenlight Planet
Job Title: Accounts Associate
Organisation: Greenlight Planet
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Associate Finance Manager, East Africa
Greenlight Planet is a US-based global leader dedicated to delivering safe, affordable solar energy products to more than 2 billion people who live off the electric grid around the world. Our Sun King solar- powered lights and phone chargers are used in more than 5 million homes in South Asia, East Africa and West Africa today. Our mission is to replace the dirty and dangerous kerosene lanterns used by under-electrified consumers across the globe. Our products have earned huge recognition, including a ranking as “the best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and ‘best-in-category’ prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program. The Company has also won numerous awards including the recent 2016 Ashden International Award – the world’s most prestigious green award for excellence in sustainable energy.
Job Summary: The Accounts Associate will be responsible for the AP and AR Functions of Greenlight Planet Uganda Limited.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with the reconciliation of processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Responsible for receiving and processing all Purchase Orders, Invoices, Expense Forms, and request for payments.
- Performing daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations of Cash, Bank and Mobile Money Accounts.
- Confirmation of Customer Receipts and follow up on Customer Accounts that are overdue.
- Maintaining filing systems of all accounting and finance documents and vouchers in a manner which ensures ease in retrieval and reference.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Scheduling and preparing payments on the payment tracker.
- Reconciliation and adjustment of accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions and subsequent matching of the same.
- Tasked with verifying vendor and customer Accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disbursing petty cash by recording entry; and verifying documentation.
- Assisting in the filing of VAT Returns as well as reconciliation of the same.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal Accounts Associate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related qualification from a recognised institution
- A minimum of two to three years of accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Good team player and proactive to learn.
- Must be honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and with minimal or no supervision.
- Is highly proficient in Data Entry and Management.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English language
- Highly flexible and willing to stretch and achieve over and above base expectations.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Greenlight Planet are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE