Fresher Administrative Assistant NGO Jobs – Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Windle International Uganda (WIU)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Windle International Uganda (WIU) formerly Windle Trust Uganda is a registered INGO whose mission is to promote peace and development in communities through provision and coordination of Education and training for Refugees and people affected by conflict.
Windle International Uganda is the lead partner of UNHCR in implementing Education Projects in Uganda with close collaboration with the Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of the administrative function at field level, most notably, stores and inventory management. He/ She will perform duties related to distribution of supplies and managing stock while working closely with both the finance and the Human Resources Department to be able to deliver in these areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Stock keeping and Inventory Management
- Verifying receipt of supplies
- Sort, organize, and store inventory in storage space
- Package items for dispatch and delivery; follow up and endure receipt of dispatched items/ documents
- Receive parcels and documents delivered to the Field Office
- Report damaged or missing inventory to supervisors
- Filing of distribution reports
- Stack and organize stock and bulk items received in the storage area
- Remove inventory from trucks and ensure they are properly stored
- Update logs and documentation for inventory
- Support the team in preparation of documentation for audits
- Responsible for reporting minor repairs in the office
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies; informing responsible persons to expedite requests for supplies;
Finance, Human Resource and Administration Support
- Submit accurate stock reports to the Finance Assistant as required
- Participate in drawing distribution plans with Programs teams,
- Support in the payment of utility bills when instructed
- Supports HRA in keeping up to date fuel records and log books when required
- Support the coordination of the Logistics function as directed
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Prepare for and take accurate minutes of meetings
- Oversee and supervise the work of junior support staff
- Maintain up-to-date employee leave records
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
General Office Administration:
- Support other staff activities by typing, photocopying and printing documents
- Assist in record keeping
- Offer guidance and support supervision to the administrative staff; Office Assistant, Guesthouse Attendant, Guard, Cleaner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle International Uganda (WIU) Administrative Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social sciences, or any related field
- One year of related experience
- Mastery of office software (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is a requirement
- Good interpersonal and public relation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving and creativity
- Time Management
- Demonstrated communication skills – both verbal and written
- Affinity to teamwork and a willingness to learn
- Proactiveness and Ability to meet tight deadlines
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, 2 years’ salary history, copies of academic transcripts and certificates including telephone, email contacts and details of at least three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Windle International Uganda,
P.O Box 24230 Kampala, Uganda
Applications must be hand delivered to The Windle House, Plot 726 Nagawa Close, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill, Kamwokya.
Deadline: 10th January, 2019 by 5pm
- Windle International is an equal opportunity employer; Females, minority groups and People with disabilities who qualify for any of the above vacancies are encouraged to apply.
- No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will immediately be disqualified and black listed.
- Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020