Fresher Administrative Coordinator Job Vacancies – Samasource
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Job Summary: The Administrative Coordinator will assist in the day to day running of the administration department. Receives instruction and guidance on new assignments with minimal amount of supervision in day to day work. You will serve as a key partner to the People Operations and Administration Manager and reporting directly to this role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all administrative services are running smoothly and escalate problem areas on time.
- Ensure scheduling of staff transport is done in a timely and precise manner.
- Assist with planning and booking of transport and accommodation for staff travel both local and international.
- Receive communication from external parties and ensure it gets directed to the relative department and where required provide feedback.
- Ensure reconciliation of meal deductions is done on time and any errors are rectified before payroll closing.
- Manage the facility maintenance schedule and handle maintenance escalations by ensuring appropriate vendor is notified on time, the issue gets resolved and payments are made on time.
- Verify all admin related vendor invoices and deliveries and liaise with finance for payment.
- Facilitate planning of logistics for all company events including sitting on planning committees where required.
- Work closely with all other departments to ensure facilities are meeting requirements and ensure that the admin department provides a clean, safe and friendly working environment to all staff at all times.
- Work with the IT department to create and manage a meeting room scheduler including managing access to restricted areas.
- Create and provide periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Experience with MS Office applications with strong proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Solid knowledge of office procedures.
- One year of practical experience in a reputable organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize work requests and deliver on time with minimal errors
- Flexible to work various shifts
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Our Benefits: Samasource offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, pension scheme, annual leave, paid disability insurance, and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 10th April 2021
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda