Fresher Administrator Jobs – TUKUUMA
Job Title: Administrator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
TUKUUMA is a youth founded initiative focused on providing lasting solutions that tackle the present environmental challenges of communities in Uganda and Africa. Our goal is to facilitate, lead and advocate for environmental conservation and sustainability through project implementation and research. We partner with different companies and stakeholders with a heart for environmental stewardship to implement key environmental projects in Uganda and Africa. Our current projects include; PAP tree planting project, and Clean Uganda (sanitation, and waste disposal project engaging children (schools) to take the lead role in protecting and preserving their environment).
Job Summary: TUKUUMA is looking for a full-time Administrator to manage our daily office and field operations in Kampala and Mukono respectively (Involves occasional boat travel and facilitated stay in Mukono District). The administrator will oversee the administrative duties of the organization and projects including finance, bookkeeping, report/proposal assistance. The administrator should be able to create and implement organizational strategies and policies, as well as plan the use of human and financial resources. The Administrator supports all staff and will report to the Organizations Team Lead/ Executive Director. Tasks and responsibilities will vary greatly throughout the year as organizational needs and activities evolve.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering TUKUUMA’s reception line and emails, respectively assisting all our stakeholders.
- Plan for meetings, training and workshops, identifying the venue and necessary materials.
- Serve as the point person for ordering and managing office supplies.
- Spearhead the administrative activities in the field.
- The Administrator will coordinate all internal bookkeeping activities, which may include the following.
- Scan and record checks and receipts into our accounting template and financial book.
- Draft internal requisitions, and assist with the external requisition requests and
- Coordinate income and grant entry.
- Assist with budget and financial statement preparation.
- Work closely with our external financial service provider to keep on top of accounts.
Report and Proposal Assistance
- Assist with prospect research, donor & partner cultivation, and projects preparation.
- Maintain documents required for grant submissions, donor stewardship, and partner cultivation pieces.
- This includes budgets, qualitative and quantitative outcome data and narratives, board lists, and twice-annual reports.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Team Lead/ ED.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in administration or related fields in the non profit community.
- An eagerness to learn, a strong attention to detail, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills so as to be able to draft and review professional correspondence, manage telephone calls, and emails.
- Additionally, a deep commitment to superior customer service, and solid fundamental accounting skills.
- A proactive attitude and approach to work and life.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send an application letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: Monday 22nd February, 2021.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda