Fresher Child Protection Assistant UNHCR Project Jobs – Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Job Title: Child Protection Assistant
Organisation: Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA)
Funding Source: UNHCR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Child Protection Officer
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international African humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn, East & Central Africa by implementing WASH, Health, Education, Livelihoods, Community service & development and Protection programs in the region for a period of more than 20 years.
About UNHCR Project:
HIJRA with funding from the UNHCR in Uganda is implementing a multi-sectoral Program for refugees in Oruchinga settlement (Isingiro district), Nakivale settlement (Isingiro district), Nyakabande Transit Center (Kisoro district) and Kyangwali Settlement (Hoima District).
Job Summary: The Child Protection assistant is responsible for identification, and management of cases for children at risk. The assistant will frequently visit with children and their families and work with communities to prevent and respond to risks affecting children.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake site and field visits to ensure child protection recreational activities are implemented according to minimum standards and agreement between HIJRA and partners.
- Actively contribute to the identification, assessment and case management for children at risk including basic child counselling
- Conduct Best interest Determinations for children identified with serious protection concerns
- Contribute in conducting needs assessments to identify common protection needs, priorities and existing capacities for children within the community.
- Ensure proper and timely documentation of all child protection and response initiatives undertaken.
- Provide regular feedback to the Child Protection Officer on progress, lessons learned, achievements, gaps, issues and problems.
- Contribute to the preparation of weekly/monthly and Quarterly plans and reports on activities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the HIJRA Child Protection Assistant job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related field.
- A minimum of two years of work experience in the same field of development and humanitarian work and NGOs.
- Strong experience working with vulnerable people including survivors of GBV and victims of child abuse.
- Strong knowledge of Child Friendly interview techniques and communicating with children
- Familiarity with guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in emergency settings.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills with excellent reporting & writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skill and communication skills.
- An excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Good knowledge word and excel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Application should be addressed to the:
Country Program Manager,
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA),
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com. The subject line should read: “Child Protection Assistant”
NB: Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling basis given the urgency of the positions.
Deadline: 18th January 2019
University News Updates for 2019 - 2020