Fresher Cleaner Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Title: Cleaner
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: HR/Admin Assistant
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Cleaner will be responsible for office maintenance and security of cleaning materials. He/She will ensure that the office is cleaned and cleaning materials maintained in a good working condition.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain cleanliness inside and outside of the offices at all times on a daily basis.
- Wash floors and windows at the premises each day.
- Empty and Clean dustbins and wastepaper baskets on a daily basis and dispose rubbish in designated areas only.
- Ensure that washrooms within the staff quarters and the health centres are kept clean and well stocked with the necessary toiletries at all times on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all office and health centre furniture and equipment are clean and well arranged daily.
- Maintain the kitchen area and clean all surfaces and other appliances.
- Ensure that the kitchen store is well stocked with the necessary kitchen utilities at all times.
- Ensure requirements for tea/coffee making are available at the kitchen/pantry counter at all times, i.e., tea-cups, sugar, coffee, teaspoons, e.t.c
- Assist with any other duties as will be required by your supervisor Job Requirement:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee Cleaner job placement must hold an O’ Level Certificate, Ability to communicate effectively in English
- One year of working experience preferably with NGOs
- Able to communicate effectively in English and Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs, cover letters and filled application form, download here, clearly indicating “Position Title” as the subject to: UA-IRCJobs@rescue.org (The Human Resource and Administration department, International Rescue Committee)
Deadline: 19th April 2018
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE