Fresher Core Banking Systems Administrator Career Jobs – Finance Trust Bank
Organisation: Finance Trust Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Core Banking & Business Applications
About US: Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged Commercial Bank serving a clientele of over 400,000 depositors and over 23,000 borrowers, through a network of 35 branches country wide. The Bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Core Banking Systems Administrator is accountable for planning, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting of the Bank’s core banking business applications, systems and middle-ware platforms. This includes liaison with users and related service support partners to ensure the optimal performance, uptime, integrity, security, capacity management and continuity availability of these systems and platforms. The role also involves ensuring specification and documentation of operational requirements and all related operating instructions of the systems, training of users in the use of the systems, coordination of full acceptance testing of proposed changes and implementation of accepted changes following the Bank’s policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run daily maintenance and end–of–cycle processes (i.e. EoD/EoM/EoY) for the core banking system and its related systems as per established checklists.
- Analyze and resolve business applications related issues which have been escalated from the ICT Service Desk team during operations and maintain proper documentation/logs for resolution(s) provided.
- Investigate user problems, identify root causes, determine possible solutions, test and implement those solutions.
- Co–ordinate with the Section manager and system vendor in case of system bug and/or enhancement requirements and follow up with the vendor for early resolution and solution. Provide and document alternate solutions while pending the final resolution to help the bank to continue with the business functions.
- Register issues in the respective Vendors’ help desk systems by providing detailed information (error screenshots, table rows, logs from required sources) about an issue. And further track and report on open issues by timely acting on a Vendor’s requests.
- Ensure that the Core Banking System and its related Business applications management processes are in compliance with established ICT Policies, procedures and standards.
- Schedule, plan, coordinate timely testing and deployment of new Core Banking System and related business applications configurations and setups e.g. products, processes, upgrades, patches, etc.
- Review and implementation of Core Banking System and its related Business Applications’ Security.
- Manage and support all integrations to the Core Banking System with other interconnected applications.
- Document all customizations and modifications requested for and done to the Core Banking System and its related Business Applications.
- Develop, document and maintain all Core Banking System and its related Business Applications’ procedures i.e. functional and technical User Guides, test scripts, training materials, How To’s, BCP guidelines etc
- Ensure knowledge transfer in the use and support of the Core Banking System and its related Business Applications to both end–users and the ICT service desk team, while providing advisory services to them on the optimum use of the systems.
- Maintain a detailed up–to–date architectural map and inventory of the Core Banking System and its related Business Applications.
- Ensure optimum and accurate processing of the Core Banking System and its related Business Applications according to Business process requirements and expectations. Putting in place proactive monitoring processes for this.
- Gather and document system enhancement, data extract requests and reporting requirements from system users, and Bank’s partners and work closely with the Manager Core Banking and Business Applications to develop detailed technical requirements and resulting specifications.
- Develop and automate management information reports and dashboards using business objects, crystal reports and other applicable reporting tool and systems.
- Maintains Core Banking systems’ performance by performing proactive system capacity, availability monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalations to the Section manager and the vendor.
- Ensure business continuity strategies for the Core Banking System and its related applications are in place and executed.
- Ensure availability of up–to–date product, disaster recovery and testing environment(s) for the Core Banking System and its related business applications at all times, advising on controls and adherence to set controls for secured access to these environments.
- Assist the Manager Core Banking and Business Applications in the planning of the section’s annual Budget and validating related costs in the environment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree from a recognized University and any certification in Systems, Database or Networks.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Core Banking support & configuration management in a modern Financial institution or consulting firm.
- Significant experience in installation, configuration and supporting of database management systems e.g. MSSQLServer, Oracle, Sybase, MySQL etc.
- Knowledge of SQL is a must.
- Good working knowledge of banking systems, operations, and processes.
- Basic Accounting knowledge is an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of industry best practices regarding digitalization and automation of banking services.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with an emphasis on client service and presentation.
- Implementation and management experience of Core Banking and/or accounting Software is very desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of business reporting &Business Intelligence tools such as crystal reports &reporting writing, etc.
- Knowledge of UNIX Operating Systems and Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology.
How to Apply: All suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe. P.O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to email@example.com as well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer. Deadline: 26th April 2021 NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE