Fresher Dairy Development Officer Job Careers – Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Reports to: Senior Dairy Development Officer
Duty Station: Soroti, Uganda
Dairy Development Authority is a semi-Autonomous Agency under Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIE). Dairy Development Authority was established under the Dairy Industry Act of 1998. Dairy Development Authority’s Mission is “To provide dairy development and regulatory services that will ensure increased production and consumption of milk, sustainable and profitable dairy industry sector that contribute to economic development and improved nutritional standards in Uganda.”
Job Summary: The Dairy Development Officer will foster increased productivity through the use of cost effective , modern and appropriate farming methods, technology, business management, development strategies and practices among dairy stakeholders. The incumbent will enhance the level of understanding among the general public on the significance and benefit of milk and dairy products consumption and to develop and apply communication strategies that would deliver appropriate messages to a wide range of communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate dairy development through sensitization of value chain actors on government policies, strategies and programs aimed at increasing milk production and productivity;
- Training and sensitizing dairy farmers and or dairy farmer organizations on new and improved animal husbandry technologies as well as milk handling, transportation, bulking and marketing in liaison with extension workers and local authorities;
- Implement appropriate publicity programs in the electronic media, public debates, workshops, seminars and exhibiting at trade fairs and agricultural shows.
- Implement appropriate promotional programmes that increase production, marketing and consumption of milk and milk products.
- Generate statistical data and information to facilitate the analysis of the dairy impact, benefit and outcomes of the information dissemination programs on promotion of consumption of milk and other dairy products for use in sectoral planning and development of the industry.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine or; Honor’s Degree in Animal Production, Technology & Management or any other relevant Honor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least two years of relevant working experience
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Dairy Development Authority (DDA),
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala,
- O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th July 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.