Fresher Data Jobs – M&E Volunteers – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector.The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, field offices in Lamwo, West Nile, Kiryandongo, Kyaka and Moroto.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper storage/ﬁlling of files in designated places
- Cross checks entered data to ensure data quality and completeness
- Runs consistency quality checks and makes edits as appropriate
- Reports any errors and malfunctions in data and the data entry tools
- Makes routine backups at scheduled intervals
- Support the M & E Officer in Assessment’s processes.
- Supports the implementation of IRC’s standards including the Monitoring for action standards in field sites
- Perform analysis and compile data for reporting and use at field sites for decision making.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) M&E Volunteer job must hold a Diploma in Social Sciences, records management
- At least one year of working experience in a related field
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Applications and Experience in Data or records management added advantage
- Previous work with an NGO in similar programs.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship, with ability to relate and work well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
- Good organization and communication skills, with a good command of both written and spoken English.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Flexibility and prepared to work additional hours
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to respond rapidly to changing environments, yet remain productive and focused;
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and Power Point and outlook).
Please note: This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline: 24th August 2020
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE