Fresher Data Management Officer NGO Job Opportunities – Save the Children International
Organisation: Save the Children International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Save the Children International is an international relief organization that was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
Job Summary: Save the Children is seeking job applications for a Data Management Officer Position. The Data Management Officer is responsible for establishing and implementing the data-platform systems for education in emergencies and to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance. The Data Management Officer is mainly responsible for ensuring and maintaining an accurate and up to date database to inform the Project indicators, including providing training and on-going support for consortium partner staff to ensure timely and quality data collection, analysis, storage, retrieval and reporting. The incumbent will participate in providing data for production of Program periodic reports, compiling data on project progress performance against set targets and related data activities.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Save the Children Data Management Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, Information Sciences or Statistics. Additional training or professional data management courses is an added advantage;
- At least two years’ experience in NGO programming in Uganda (preferably with an International or national NGO);
- Broad knowledge and understanding of development of MIS, data and information management
- Prior exposure and experience working with partners and District Local Government in Education in Emergencies or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Save the Children should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th June 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda