Fresher Diploma Job Opportunities – Records and Store Assistants – World Vision International
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Grants Accountant
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Summary: The Records and Store Assistant will mainly manage the central achieving of financial documents of all the 6 World Vision West Nile offices and supporting in Audits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filling of documents
- Serially File all Cash Disbursement Vouchers, Journal Vouchers and Deposit Vouchers
- Stamping all Cash Disbursement Vouchers PAID.
- All Journal Vouchers and Deposit Vouchers stamped POSTED.
- All CDV and JV files labelled serially.
- Ensure access to payment vouchers/Journal vouchers is restricted.
- Participate in Audit
- Ensure request to retrieve vouchers is approved by Finance Manager, details recorded and signed by requester.
- Ensure Accountabilities, Receipts and Acknowledgements are attached to cash payments and retirements.
- Review and ensure all approvals completed before filling CDVs, JVs and DVs.
- Support in retrieval of vouchers during audits.
- Response Stores management
- Issuing of stock from the stores
- Issue Goods Received Note GRN for items received
- Receive items in provision system.
- Ensure store is kept clean at all times
- Store items are on Pilates
- Updating stock cards and Bin cards.
- Monthly stores report for the Response Office.
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the World Vision Records and Store Assistant job must possess a Diploma in Business Administration, Social Sciences, SWASA, Economics, Records and Archive Management, Library and Information Sciences.
- At least two years of work experience in Financial Record keeping in a recognized institution
- Computer literacy skills
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 19th December 2020