- The community support to counselor before, during and after sessions with Individuals, couples, families and groups of refugees, asylum seekers and other forced migrants in different settings like the office, homes, schools, hospitals, prisons and the community for their psychosocial and mental health wellbeing;
- Prepare and submit reports on clients handled; support in carrying out Information sessions with different groups and communities of refugees, asylum seekers and the host community for purposes of passing on relevant and pertinent information as regards the program;
- Keep proper records for all the clients handled;
- Conduct assessment and referral of clients with in the program; offer Psychosocial education
- Support in training and capacity building for clients, stakeholders as well as organization staff;
- Record and update client testimonies from time to time;
- Prepare activity reports and carryout community dialogues and other strategies for peace promotion and conflict resolution among refugees, asylum seekers, other forced migrants and the host community.
- The applicant for the Refugee Law Project (RLP) Community Counselor job placement should hold a Diploma in Social Work, Community Psychology.
- Significant exposure and experience in counseling and in the management of a similar programme.
- Prior community mobilisation and counseling experience
- Fluency in Kiswahili and/or any other language spoken in refugee communities will be an added advantage
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE