Fresher Driver Job Opportunities – Community Driven Network Uganda
Organization: Community Driven Network Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Community Driven Network Uganda is a non partisan and non profit oriented local network of 45 Civil Society Organizations operating in Masindi District, with the vision of ‘A society with equal opportunities to all for social and economic development. Currently, Community Driven Network Uganda is implementing two programmes on Strengthening Civic engagement for local accountability with support from Democratic Governance Facility and Lands Rights and Administration project funded by OSIEA
Job Summary: The Organization Driver will be a full-time employee of Community Driven Network Uganda responsible providing safe and timely transport support for the project team, maintaining the CODNET Uganda vehicle and providing support with a range of administrative tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe and adhere to the safety precautions before and during driving, taking into account prevailing weather and driving conditions to avoid accidents.
- Maintain punctuality, courtesy and adhere to traffic laws and regulations, and to plan international Uganda policies and procedures.
- Record the place of destination before departure and complete the vehicle usage record to indicate vehicle movement.
- Carry out daily condition checks to ensure that the vehicle is in good running order with valid insurance policies.
- Keep the vehicle in a clean condition in order to uphold the image of CODNET Uganda and for the convenience of the users.
- Serve as the contact person for vehicle repairs and servicing and review invoices and reports before they are submitted for payment.
- To assist in administration tasks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an O level certificate of education
- Possess a valid driving license for class B
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken
- Certificate in Defensive Driving is an added advantage
- Certificate in Customer care is an added advantage
- At least two years driving experience in a reputable organization
- Knowledge of simple Mechanical repairs
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
- Good team work and excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the above requirements should submit hand written applications together with detailed curriculum vitae giving day-time telephone number and names/addresses of 3 referees as well as copies of Driving permit and professional certificates and testimonials addressed to ;
The Chairperson, Board of Directors’,
Community Driven Network Uganda
P.O Box 425, Masindi
Plot 14 Muganwa Road
Deadline: 22nd July 2020 at 5:00 pm