Fresher Driver NGO Job Opportunities – Oxfam
Duty Station: Uganda
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Job Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide reliable and secure driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other related goods and supplies under the authorization of the supervisor, accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have a Valid driving licence, DL, preferably with at least 2 years experience preferably in an NGO environment;
- A defensive driving certificate is an added advantage.
- Sufficient spoken English and local languages (Rutooro, Runyankore, Swahili) is an added advantage.
- Basic vehicle servicing and maintenance skills,
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours
How to Apply:
All Interested and suitable candidates please submit your application, cover letter and CV ONLY to the HR at email@example.com or a hand delivery to the UNHCR office in Nakivale indicating the position name in the email subject line/on the envelop.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th June 2020