Fresher Driver US Non-profit Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for the safe transportation of IRC staff and materials; care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare weekly maintenance checklist.
- Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of IRC vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to SCM any mechanical problems.
- Ensure vehicle is insured and all legal documents are in order at all times; inform SCM three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
- Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situation.
- Drive IRC program staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the country.
- Deliver mail/messages as directed.
- Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of interior/exterior of vehicle.
- Give accurate reconciliation within the given period.
- Obey IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry and so on).
- Assist programs or SCV in loading cargo for the field.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Driver job should hold an Ordinary Level Certificate; A- Level Certificate is an added advantage; Valid driver’s license with classes “A, B & DL”
- A minimum of two years of driving experience preferably with NGOs.
- Able to pass the IRC driving test.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft word and Microsoft excel skills.
- Willingness to travel to insecure areas within the constraints of IRC Uganda’s security policy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE