Fresher Embassy Admin Jobs – Executive Assistant – British High Commission (BHC)
Organization: British High Commission (BHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Starting monthly salary: UGX 5,151,777
The British High Commission is the diplomatic liaison office that aims to develop and maintain close bilateral relations with Uganda, in accordance with British government policies. The British High Commission is responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues. BHC provides assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant is a role which provides direct support to the Defence Adviser and Assistant to the Defence Adviser on a daily basis. Responsible for the management and coordination of activities on behalf of the Defence Adviser. The Defence Sections lead personality on the management and coordination of Conflict Security and Stabilisation Fund (CSSF) programs delivered within the Defence Adviser’s area of responsibility. To assist in preparation for visiting training teams and oversee diplomatic clearance requests in the absence of the Assistant to the Defence Adviser.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- CSSF: Monitor and evaluate projects run by the Defence Adviser and funded by the CSSF. Submit monthly and quarterly reports to the Programme Management Board located in Nairobi. Liaise with the Assistant to the Defence Adviser to ensure programmes are on budget.
- Line Manager Responsibility: Responsible as the 1st RO for the effective management of the Defence Section Driver.
- Meetings: Plan, organize, book and confirm meetings, including related transport, feeding and accommodation requirements. Represent Defence Section at the regular cross-mission communications meetings.
- Visits: Responsible for organizing visitors and training teams within the Defence Section Area of Responsibility; to include transport, accommodation and meeting bookings.
- Hospitality: Reply to official and private invitations and maintain an effective log. Organize Official Entertainment in accordance with MOD Policy with direct responsibility for logistical and administrative requirements.
- Ceremonial events: Assist in the organization of ceremonial events.
- Diary Management: Ensuring the office diary, and contact list is kept current and in a logical order.
- Registry: Monitor and maintain the Defence Section Registry to ensure effective Information Management in all formats.
- Diplomatic Clearance: Submit and monitor diplomatic clearances for staff, aircraft visits and over flights in the absence of the Assistant to the Defence Adviser.
- Personnel support: Provide administrative support for Defence Section personnel.
- VTC Coordinator: Coordinate and administer VTC requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the British High Commission Executive Assistant job should have previous PA experience
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of finance, budgets and programme management
- Working knowledge of MS Office Packages
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Team player
- Competencies: Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the British High Commission in the aforementioned capacity should apply by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 19th February 2021
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE