Fresher Finance Assistant NGO Jobs – War Child Holland (WCH)
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sr Finance Coordinator
Salary Range: UGX monthly Gross (915,605 – 1,420,862)
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, with programme offices in fourteen countries, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people. In the WCH strategy 2016 – 2025, WCH’s Research and Development department (R&D) is responsible for the rigorous development and evaluation of a holistic, multi-level and interconnected care system with interventions focused on child protection, education and psychosocial support and supportive approaches enabling accessibility and quality.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant primarily shall be responsible for an accurate, complete and timely bookkeeping of the Kampala office finances including Petty Cash handling, Mobile Money transactions, and filling of all finance documents. He/she shall ensure adherence to finance and other WCH policies at all times.
The Finance Assistant ensures that Kampala office financial transaction processes are adhered to and is able to work effectively and efficiently to enable project staff and other stakeholders carry out War Child Programs smoothly. The role entails making daily finance transactions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, Mobile Money, receivables and payables.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily accurate, complete and timely bookkeeping of Kampala finance transactions;
- Responsible for keeping overview of Mobile Money and cash advances and ensuring timely clearance;
- Make Weekly Cash and Mobile Money Account Reconciliation Reports.
- Make petty cash payments as per authorized requests and entering all petty cash transaction using WCH bookkeeping/UNIT4
- Review all finance supporting documentation submitted as accountability and ensure they are sufficient before making payments.
- Maintain an overview of advances paid and ensure timely redemption at least before month end
- Responsible for making timely payment and report overviews for all office and expat staff bills.
- Responsible for scanning and filing of finance documentation;
- Ensuring all the above is done in line with financial and procurement policies of WCH.
- Bank withdrawals and money exchanges and other financial issues as requested by line manager.
- Compile payments for field facilitators, Cash requests for the Field Offices and any other payments for the field offices.
- Ensure that all vouchers and their supporting documentations are scanned and archived according to transaction number and uploaded to the shared folder.
- End of Month Petty Cash and Mobile Money Reconciliation Reports.
- Any other duties assigned by Sr Finance Officer/Country Accountant and Finance manager in line with this JD and the fulfillment of the tasks,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the War Child Holland Finance Assistant job vacancy should preferably hold a Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field;
- One year of work experience in Finance;
- Experience working with ING/NGO in a refugee settling with children is an added advantage.
- Experience with UNIT 4 system is added advantage.
- Experience in Excel and bookkeeping software;
- Team player.
- Strong written and verbal expressions skills;
- Good Planning and organisational skills;
- An accurate and analysing capability;
- Action mindedness, proactive approach to responsibilities;
- Ability to work with self-confidence and independently.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply online at the link below.