Fresher Finance Assistant US Non-profit Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will be a key member of the Kyaka team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval.
- Preparation of the prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Operations Officer and Finance Manager.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approval received
- Pay cash to the payee in the Moroto Office
- Prepare cheques for approval and payment to the payee
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers
- Act as a cashier
- Make field payments
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and Finance Officer in Kampala on cash transfers and obtain monthly cash projections.
- Ensure control and use of office stationary.
- Work closely with Administration to raise hotel bookings for visitors to the field.
- Assist the Admin officer to maintain timesheets for all staff.
- Assist the Admin officer in receiving and recording job applications.
- Develop and maintain efficient filling system for the field office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Finance Assistant job must hold a Diploma or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance.
- One year of experience in the finance function.
- Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite);
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail. Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel,)
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with programme staff.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs, cover letters and filled application form, download here, clearly indicating “Finance Assistant – Kyaka II” as the subject to: UA-IRCJobs@rescue.org (The Human Resource and Administration department, International Rescue Committee)
Deadline: 31st January 2019
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY COMPANY
FIND JOBS IN UGANDA BY ROLE