Fresher Finance Officer NGO Jobs – Handicap International
Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Handicap International
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Finance/Admin Manager
Starting Salary: UGX 2,208,949 monthly gross
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Handicap International is outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will ensure the smooth implementation of Finance Resources Management for the Humanity & Inclusion Arua field office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the cash box and working advances for HI field team.
- Manage the Cash / Bank Book on daily basis.
- Carry on Cash Withdrawal from Bank to Safe upon request from the Admin Manager.
- Prepare weekly treasury planning in coordination with the logistics team.
- Prepare the payment of Expatriates Salary advances and transmit the follow up to coordination.
- Make sure the Cash Count is done on daily basis in link with the Admin Manager (Support Manager).
- Limit cash-flow shortage by anticipating cash and money change needs
Guarantee at the base level accounting
- Check that PSRs and CAs are properly filled and accomplish (GAP code, designation, budget lines, signatures and validation…)
- Ensure the validity of the invoices (quality of invoices, validation)
- Computerize, on daily basis, cash and bank expenditures in Navision software
- Check, on weekly basis, GAP codes and budget line imputations with his/her line manager
- Carry out cash / bank reconciliation.
- Support in the monthly VAT declaration
- Make sure the scanning of all the accounting folder had been done before sending original copies to capital.
- Prepare the monthly sending to the coordination for checking (original invoices)
Participate in other Finance issues
- Assist the Admin Manager in internal communication of Finance/Admin issues
- Assist the Admin Manager in the implementation of the HI protocols
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for Handicap International Finance Officer job must hold a University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- Two years of experience in a similar position;
- Professional qualification as a CMA/CPA is an added advantage
- Previous experience with an NGO;
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and principles;
- Experience using financial software;
- Knowledge of tax regulations in the country;
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills;
- Good computer Skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel) and internet;
- Time management skills;
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data;
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- Good coordination skills;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join Handicap International are encouraged to send their updated CVs (3 pages max, including three professional references) with cover letters to HR Coordinator at email@example.com with the subject: Application for Finance Officer.
NB: Applicants from West Nile region are strongly encouraged to apply. Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 7th January 2019 by 5:00pm