Fresher Financial Accountant Job Vacancies – Uganda Christian University
Organization: Uganda Christian University
Duty Station: Uganda
Salary Scale: CUK5
Uganda Christian University (UCU), a private institution founded in 1997 by the Province of the Church of Uganda is dedicated through teaching, scholarship, service, spiritual formation, student development and social involvement, to the preparation of students for thoughtful, productive lives of Christian faith and service in their respective professions and places.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the University payroll.
- Reconcile all control accounts and report to the University Bursar any anomalies.
- Is in charge of managing the budget.
- Prepare quarterly and final financial reports.
- Train and supervise all accounts personnel.
- Manage the staff statutory deductions.
- Carry out routine bank reconciliations.
- Review monthly trial balances.
- Enter/post payment vouchers.
- Prepare and make adjustment vouchers.
- Ensure that all documents are well kept.
- Reconcile cash and petty cash floats.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Commerce/Accounting and Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Must have at least attained CPA Level 3.
- Two (2) years working experience in a similar position in a reputable organisation (one in which he/she supervised subordinates).
- Should have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Must be a mature and committed Christian.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae, three references.(Academic Pastoral & Leadership), Two (2) copies of certified academic and professional certificates and transcripts and All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
The Human Resource Officer
Bishop Barham University College
P.O. Box 613, Kabale
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4,Mukono,Pilkington Building
OR Apply online at the link below
Deadline: 31st January 2020