Fresher High School Jobs – Administrative Officer – Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: DCOP-Operations-VINES
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. CRS Uganda employs around 190 staff and has its main office in Kampala, with sub-offices in Moroto, Yumbe, and Hoima
About Vines Project:
The Vines Project, implemented by CRS Uganda, is a five-year, $13 million Food for Progress project that will make Uganda the world’s next leading supplier of high-quality vanilla. Vines will leverage the expertise of CRS and its partners to enhance the production of safe, pure vanilla and develop sustainable market links with US vanilla companies, directly transforming the lives of 16,200 farmers, 836 supply chain actors and create 15,820 new jobs to reach 32,856 vanilla stakeholders. The Vines strategy reflects best practices in sustainable development and will leave Uganda with a robust vanilla farming community resilient to the boom/bust nature of the market and a cadre of private sector agricultural extensionists to support more sophisticated production, processing, and marketing needs.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will provide service in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient administrative activities in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Compile data perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Administrative Officer job placement must hold a High School diploma. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- At least two years of work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
- Personal Skills:
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- English fluency, including excellent oral and written skills, required Travel:
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
NOTE: To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
How to Apply:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ADMINISTRATIVEOFFICER only
All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read.
Deadline: 2nd October 2020