Fresher Human Resource and Administration Assistant NGO Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: HR & Admin. Officer
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community-based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. IRC has a country office in Kampala, and field offices in Moroto, Kiryandongo, Kyaka II, Yumbe and Imvepi.
Job Summary: The Human Resource and Administration Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the IRC Urban Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist generally in the human resource/recruitment activities for the national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files) for the IRC in Urban.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Draft and track of Staff Contracts/COS with the support of HR/Admin Officer.
- Prepare the IRC staff list monthly in liaison with the HR/Admin Officer Urban.
- Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruitment staff Urban Office.
- Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Maintain employee’s database for employee leave, employee performance evaluation and staff training tracking sheets.
- Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers in liaison with the HR & Admin Officer.
- Prepare monthly HR reports for Urban.
- Maintain the leavers and departure trackers monthly.
- In liaison with the HR and Admin Officer –South West, prepare monthly payroll information for staff and forward to the Country HR Lead for payroll processing in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Urban and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Under the supervision of HR/Admin Officer prepare monthly cash projections for the Human Resources/Admin Department
- Ensures OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Assist to monitor staff movement to/from the field, to trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course.
- Two years of work experience in performing similar duties.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join the International Rescue Committee (IRC) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd September 2021.
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda