Fresher Human Resource Officer Jobs – Law Development Centre (LDC)
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Law Development Centre (LDC) will provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reforms, produce legal publications, teaching materials and law reports, and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will facilitate and implement human resource policies, strategies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide support to the Human Resource Manager in planning and implementing the performance management system of the center.
- To assist the Human Resource Manager in recruitment and selection activities.
- To assist in the timely payment of staff salaries and allowances.
- To propose and implement staff welfare programs and activities.
- To assist in the review and updating schemes of service for all jobs in LDC.
- To assist in coordinating LDC’s staff Training and Development Programmes including preparing training and development plans and budgets.
- To assist in the development and implementation of annual HR plans and budgets.
- To develop and implement LDC’s performance management system.
- To provide counseling and employee relations interventions to staff.
- To assist in the creation and management of staff records and information systems.
- To develop the annual leave roaster and monitor staff leave performance.
- To coordinate weekly performance evaluation of lecturers and write reports thereof.
- To assist in preparing HR reports and briefs.
- To perform any other tasks assigned by the Manager Human Resource.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Arts or Social Sciences or Business Administration with a bias in Human Resource Management.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of work experience in Human Resource Management in government or reputable private organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Strong analytical Skills.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications clearly indicating campus of choice should be addressed to The Head, Human Resource & Administration, Law Development Centre, P. O. Box 7117 Kampala and may be: submitted by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered to the LDC Reception at either the Kampala Campus or Mbarara Campus. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic documents and any other relevant documents that will support their application. For applications by email, applicants should submit scanned copies of the application and supporting documents.
Deadline: 18th September 2020 by 5:00pm