Fresher ICT Security Officer Job Opportunities – Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The ICT Security Officer will monitor the security compliance of networks, servers and applications, and respond to security events and alerts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement security measures in compliance with Pride’s policies and procedures.
- Review IT security strategy, policies and standards as per the business requirements.
- Install and update IT infrastructure, provide security against hackers and intruders.
- Conduct training for staff in IT Security.
- Update and maintain registers of physical access to the bank server rooms at all times, record the times and dates of staff and non-staff enter and leave the server rooms.
- Review and recommend to Manager ICT Security cost effective and appropriate security technology products for network, systems and data.
- Periodically test the disaster recovery plan (DRP).
- Conduct testing of the disaster recovery plan.
- Conduct Intrusion detection on the network to identify Vulnerabilities that exist in a System and network.
- Conduct vulnerability scans on the network to identify vulnerabilities that can be used by a hacker to compromise the network.
- Ensure patches are distributed to all machines.
- Conduct Business Impact assessment for the ICT department.
- Conduct Risk assessments for the ICT Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems / Technology or Computer Science, Statistics or relevant Engineering or Business related subject from a reputable university
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CEH)
- At least two years of experience in a busy ICT environment in a similar position, preferably a banking industry
- Emotional intelligence
- Good communication skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Business acumen
- Customer awareness
- Computer knowledge
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure
- Create an Account
- Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
- Submit online i.e. no hard copy deliveries will be accepted
Deadline: 5th December 2020