Fresher Internal Audit Officer Job Vacancies – Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Internal Auditor
The Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) was established in 1987 as a collaboration between researchers at Makerere, Columbia and John Hopkins Universities, the Division of Intramural Research at the National Institutes of Allergy & Infectious diseases and the International Centre for Excellence Research (ICER). This was as a result of the first identification of clinical AIDS in Rakai district Uganda in 1982 by Drs. Sewankambo and Serwadda. The initiation of the Program, then known as Rakai Project led to a series of clinical studies characterizing the disease and its epidemiology; and also brought the partnership with other colleagues including Professor Maria Wawer and Prof Ronald Gray.
Job Summary: The Internal Audit Officer shall assist the Head of Internal Audit in the independent and objective evaluation of the Program and subgrantee financial systems, processes, compliance, risk management and internal controls. S/he will carry out audits, reviews and investigations to deliver opinions on the effectiveness of the controls and risk framework operating across the Program to the various stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review RHSP financial and accounting systems, to ensure that they are adequate, effective and conform to the set standards.
- Inspect / examine organization’s Accounts to ensure adherence to financial reporting standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform sub grantee financial and donor compliance reviews.
- Identify and report process improvements value added observations for audited units that help enhance operational effectiveness, service quality and efficient use of resources.
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained to substantiate all audit related issues in all sections of the program.
- Prepare audit reports in an efficient, timely and concise manner.
- Assist the Head of internal Audit in preparing periodic management and Board reports.
- Conduct follow-up activities to make sure audit findings are resolved.
- Communicate audit findings with Management at the end of audit fieldwork through a discussion and through written reports.
- Asses the best financial practices for the program and make appropriate recommendations.
- Perform routine audit monitoring activities for Presentation to Management
- Carry out special audits and adhoc investigations as assigned by Senior Management.
- This position entails 80% travelling time within Program Cluster Offices and implementation sites within Masaka region.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Business Administration (Accounting option) or related field.
- Part Professional accounting or auditing certification at final level such as ACCA (Part 2), CPA (level 3), CIA (Part 3).
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Minimum of a Credit in Mathematics and English at O’ level.
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in auditing and financial reporting with a reputable local NGO or reputable organization.
- Experience with CDC/PEPFAR funding programs is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication (report writing) skills
- Computer proficiency (MS office) with good working knowledge of accounting software preferably Navision
- Capacity to relate to a different range of Internal & External stakeholders
- Knowledge of Risk-Based Integrated Audit (planning, execution, reporting and follow up)
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates ( in one document (Word/PDF)) addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: 24th March 2021 at 5:00 pm
Missed This Job? or Interested in more?. See List of Current Job Vacancies / Opportunities in Uganda