Fresher Internal Auditor (ICT) Job Opportunities – Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Organization: Makerere University, Kampala (MUK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Internal Auditor
Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Internal Audit Function in making independent and objective assurances that add value; and improve the University’s operations.
- Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations
- Performs statistical sampling to accomplish audit procedures.
- Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data utilizing various software applications.
- Reviews IT internal controls throughout the University by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
- Reviews and analyzes the control structure, performs walkthrough and testing procedures, documents testing results
- Performs other duties as assigned, for example taking trainings, conducting seminars, assist in planning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in ICT or related field or Honours Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or Business Studies from a recognized institution.
- Completion of CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) or other Certifications in one or more of the traditional IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure, and management) is desirable.
- At least two years of Internal and/or External IT auditing experience.
- Should have experience in Data Analysis including knowledge of Big Data Analysis.
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making
- Technical and Professional Knowledge in position-related areas and current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships:
- Client Focus:
- Experience with information systems and business processes in public sector.
- Age Limit: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications using this link, Click Here and upload their full details of your biodata, education, qualifications, work experience, and all the other required information, including your Curriculum Vitae, Certificates, Transcripts, and at least three reference letters addressed to;
P.O. Box 7062 Kampala.
Deadline: 18th May 2020 by 17.00 Hours EAT.