Fresher Internal Auditor Job Placements – Mukwano Group of Companies
Organisation: Mukwano Group of Companies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Lead Internal Auditor
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which fulfils the responsibility of the department, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs
- Conduct review process to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Execute detailed audit procedures including reviewing transactions, documents, records and policies for accuracy and meeting set deadlines.
- Conduct inventory verification in all locations in different plants.
- Carry out physical asset verification within the organization.
- Perform individual audits according to the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Participate in or conducting evaluation and costing studies as directed by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Conduct scheduled and special audits and making recommendations for improvement.
- Revise audit programs as appropriate to make them apply to the audit to be performed
- Implement audit principles and procedures as per audit professional obligations
- Develop more detailed audit techniques and procedures for specific areas assigned if necessary.
- Schedule contacts with the audited officials and employees on matters relative to audit assignments so they are not unnecessarily disrupted.
- Present reports and discuss findings and recommendations with the Lead Internal Auditor.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Economics or any other related field.
- Professional qualification in CPA/ACCA or any other related qualification is an added advantage.
- At least two years of working experience in an FMCG environment in the same position.
- Knowledge of computerised accounting and audit packages.
- Must have excellent professional, integrity, confidentiality, analytical, innovative, report writing, communication, team work and customer care skills.
- Should have a positive attitude, be self-driven, flexible, results focused, and work under pressure with minimum supervision and the ability to work for long hours.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th February 2020