Fresher Internal Monitor NGO Jobs – Medical Research Council (MRC) UK / UVRI
Organization: Medical Research Council (MRC) UK / UVRI
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Leader
Position Code: IM819
The MRC/UVRI Uganda Virus Research Unit on AIDS was established following a request in 1988 from the Uganda Government to the British Government for collaboration on the research of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) infection and AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency. The Unit is a center of excellence in HIV/AIDS related research. It conducts large-scale epidemiological and intervention studies, clinical trials, virological and immunological research and behavioural studies, and has generated a wealth of research results that have been used to inform policy and practice that have led to a large number of scientific publications in peer reviewed journals over time.
Job Summary: The Internal Monitor will mainly verify that the rights and well -being of human subjects are protected; the reported trial data are accurate, complete and verifiable from source documents; and that the conduct of the trial is in compliance with the currently approved protocol/amendments/Standard Operating Procedures, with Good Clinical Practice guidelines, and with applicable regulatory requirements. The monitor will be required to thoroughly familiarize themselves with the research protocols, informed consents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice and the applicable regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures adherence to all regulatory requirements by the local Ethics Committee, Uganda National Council of Science and Technology (UNCST) and any other Regulatory committees on record.
- Ensures that written procedures are followed and evaluates quality systems, processes, procedures, and protocols for compliance.
- Participates in developing SOP’s, guidance documents or other tools/templates pertinent to monitoring activities.
- Collaborates with PIs and staff to identify and implement ways to improve monitoring practices, procedures, and workflows.
- Schedules and coordinates the activities for monitoring; conduct the monitoring reviews of the trials including issuing data clarification queries as necessary.
- Writes monitoring reports and communicates monitoring results to Principal Investigators and study team.
- Manages post-monitoring activities and follow-up on any necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Work with PIs and coordinator on training in Clinical Research Compliance and data management during site initiation visits and based on topics/gaps noted from monitor visits.
- Participates in ongoing process improvement practices including problem-solving, planning and implementation of identified solutions; assists with establishing program polices or procedures to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness within the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Medical Research Council (MRC) UK / UVRI) Internal Monitor job must hold a Diploma in Nursing, clinical medicine, Public health or other related field.
- Possession of a degree is an added advantage.
- At least one year of practice in a busy health facility managing Non-Communicable Diseases after their internship placement.
- Three years of medical/clinical trials experience.
- One year of clinical trials monitoring experience in Non-Communicable Diseases preferred.
- Should be registered with the Nurses Council or allied professional council having an up to date practicing license.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice with a valid certificate.
- Should have good communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Personal Integrity
- Emotional Resourcefulness
- Ability to Learn
- Forward Thinking
- Team Player
- Openness to Others
- Results Orientation
- Concern for Excellence
- Flexibility Towards Work
How to Apply:
Fill an online form accordingly by following the link below and there after submit your application documents to the e-mail below:
Click Here. Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification. High level of integrity while filling the form is required and will be considered during shortlisting.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include academic documents, a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact and three traceable professional references. Combine all application documentation into one PDF document.
Please quote the following position code in the subject line of the email: Internal Monitor: IM819
The applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49 Entebbe, Uganda
Deadline: 16th August 2019