Fresher IT Assistant NGO Job Opportunities – Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Organization: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Area Manager
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The IT Assistant is responsible for operations and support of IT equipment and systems in the field including, but not limited to local area networks, PCs, mobile phones, mobile satellite communications, video conferencing systems, Voice system and internet links. As the primary IT contact in the field, the IT Assistant will liaise on a daily basis with IT providers and other organizations in the field for the delivery of services to staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control and maintain IT systems such as to minimize IT service downtime.
- Assist with IT orientation for new staff on the different IT systems and solutions in place.
- Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations.
- Troubleshoot the network/printer problems and be able to provide a solution.
- Provide technical software and hardware hands-on resolution to all computer users by performing question/problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions
- Ensure that the anti-virus within the organization is updated on a timely basis.
- Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
- Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store, through diagnosing their status and performance.
- Maintain an up to date record ICT asset register.
- Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to finance for payment
- Provide help desk and technical support to the users.
- Provide Simple guidelines training to the staff during service time.
- Report on API on a monthly basis to the Kampala co-ordination Office
- Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the service providers where necessary and escalating if necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) IT Assistant job must hold a BSC IT/Computer science or any relevant field. Post Graduate Diploma in IT related studies
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a busy IT environment.
- Knowledge of Windows based environment, Windows Operating System, Server 2008, 2012
- A+, N+, CCNA certification
- Web Design – HTML and CSS,PHP
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible person and ready to work on odd hours.
- Team player.
- Certificate in CISCO NETWORKING an advantage
- Languages: Fluent in English. Local languages an asset
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience please submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
Deadline: 30th July 2020